Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Book Review Tuesday


With school getting ready to start up again I’m hoping I will have more time to devote to my blog. Bean is going into Kindergarten and Buggy will start preschool. My babies are growing up so fast! My goal is to start reviewing books, and posting them on a weekly basis. Book Review Tuesday! One of my favorite things to do (when I can find the time) is reading! My husband is constantly telling me I read far too much, and to my author husband I said if it wasn’t for people like me he’d be out of a job :) needless to say he doesn’t bug me about reading anymore ;)  So I thought why not put more into my reading and help other people find good books out there to read and also which to avoid… in my opinion anyways. So here is goes…
The book I would like to start with is very dear to me! One of my favorite books that I have read too many times to count… the book is falling apart if that tells you anything.

Return to Red Castle by Dorothy Keddington

Genre:  Clean Romantic Mystery

Description: (found on Amazon.com)
     Red Castle ... an ancient citadel of wine-red stone in the heart of Utah's primitive High Uinta Mountains. Hidden away near its rocky base, a small plane lies twisted and broken.
     The four men ... desperate, ruthless, will stop at nothing to retrieve the plane's valuable cargo, but their only clue to its location are the words ... Red Castle.
     Jesse Chisholm ... rugged, lonely, one of the new breed of modern Mountain Men. As a geologist for the Forest Service, he calls the wilderness his home and only the mountains know the secrets of his heart.
     Melissa Heydon ... spirited, young, in love with life, the mountains, and Jesse Chisholm.

Review:
This book is seriously one of my all-time favorite books. It is one of the first books I can remember reading and is a big part of why I love reading so much! I can’t remember quite when, sometime in my early high school years, I was bored during the summer so my mom made me read this book. I fell in love with it and have been a read-a-holic ever since. That summer I went through countless novels and haven’t stopped reading since.

I couldn’t tell you a bad thing about this book, I love everything about it! Dorothy is great at painting a picture in my head of the scenery and things she describes. When I read her books I feel like I’m watching a movie in my head as I read.

Rating:
5 out of 5 stars (seriously 10 out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment